Friday, May 29, 2009

Workin' It!

When I was a teenager, I was something of a goody two shoes. One of those perfect attendance, straight A, President of the French club type girls. All I did was study, study and occasionally study really hard. Then one day I decided I needed to see what things were like in the real world.
I decided I needed to get a job.
I realize this is not groundbreaking. Lots of people had jobs as teenagers. And my plan would have probably worked out well if I hadn't chosen to work at a well known chicken joint.
Now I like chicken as much as the next girl. I didn't even mind the ugly uniform. What I did mind were the horrible customers. From the harried woman with the gaggle of kids who decided to pay entirely in nickels to the mean older man who yelled at me because I couldn't keep his ridiculously long order straight. I hated working there and didn't feel even an ounce of regret when I quit a week later.
Needless to say after that experience I appreciate a great work environment. But I've never had a job anyplace like the setting of my newest series...
Desire Incorporated - The Temp debuts TODAY!




Ava Kincaid took the temporary job at Desire Incorporated because she desperately needed the money, not because she was secretly hoping to see her ex-boyfriend Gavin Sloan again. She’s already been there, done that and gotten kicked in the teeth. She just wants to do her job and go home.

But when they meet up in the halls of Desire, the chemistry between them is as strong as ever. Suddenly she’s doing way more than filing…

Temping has never been this good and Ava finds herself wondering if perhaps this position could lead to something more…permanent?

Read an Excerpt

If only going to work could be this much fun for the rest of us! Stop by my website to check out more about this exciting new series. If you sign up for my newsletter you'll be entered to win a copy of the book and other great prizes!

And just for kicks - I'm going to host a special contest here that's exclusive to the Naughty Girls blog. Everyone who follows this blog by June 15th will be entered to win a copy of The Temp. So hit that follow button and join the Naughty Girls for regular updates about the mischief we get into :)

Minx
www.minxmalone.com
www.desireincorporated.com

2 comments:

Debra Kayn said...

Your new release sounds great, Minx! And, filing does sound better than my first job. lol At 16 yo, I decided to try working at a fast food joint. I lasted 3 hours. I decided I wasn't cut out for that job the moment they told me to go clean the bathrooms, lol.

Minx Malone said...

Thanks Debra! I'm with you on the no cleaning the bathrooms thing. Most fast food bathrooms are so gross I'd rather hold it until I get home!